The NCC will transform the new building at 7 Clarence Street and several under-used properties into 2017 Confederation Pavilions. These pavilions will provide a unique itinerary for residents and visitors to discover the built heritage in Canada’s Capital Region.
In 2017, 50 Sussex Drive and 7 Clarence Street will welcome 10 diplomatic missions to celebrate Canada’s 150th anniversary. These sites will become the 2017 International Pavilion where each diplomatic mission will exhibit and promote its country’s relationship with Canada. They will also showcase the best of their culture, commerce, ideas, values and traditions.
Exhibition dates by each diplomatic mission at the International Pavilion (dates subject to change):
|United States of America||February 1 to 19, 2017|
February 25 to March 3, 2017
|Israel||May 7 to 25, 2017|
7 Clarence Street:
|Republic of Poland||June 2 to June 18, 2017|
|Federal Republic of Germany||June 27 to July 19, 2017|
|Ireland||August 17 to 27, 2017|
|Kingdom of Belgium||September 2 to September 23, 2017|
|Hungary||September 29 to October 28, 2017|
|Delegation of the EU to Canada||November 2 to 12, 2017|
|Republic of the Philippines||November 20 to December 8, 2017|
A fresh Capital experience to celebrate 150 years of Confederation. Visit these architectural gems, and enjoy the special programs, exhibitions and events presented by our partners.
- The International Pavilion at 50 Sussex Drive and 7 Clarence Street
- Rideau Hall Winter Pavilion – in collaboration with the Office of the Secretary to the Governor General
- Ecology and Urban Agriculture Pavilion at Moore Farm – in collaboration with Centre d’écologie et d’agriculture urbaine de Gatineau [Gatineau centre for ecology and urban agriculture] – in partnership with the Coopérative de solidarité de la ferme Moore [French-only website]
- Modern Architecture Pavilion at Strutt House – in partnership with the Strutt Foundation
- Global Pluralism Pavilion at 330 Sussex Drive – in partnership with the Global Centre for Pluralism
- Authors Pavilion at Maison Charron – in partnership with the Association des auteurs et auteures de l'Outaouais [French-only website] and MosaïCanada 150/2017
- 50 Sussex Drive – in partnership with the Royal Canadian Geographical Society
- Pioneer Pavilion at 670 Cedarview Road – in partnership with the Log Farm