Snowshoeing in Gatineau Park
Gatineau Park has one of the largest networks of trails in North America. You will now find 60 kilometres of snowshoe trails, varying in difficulty (rated from easy to difficult). Enjoy snowshoeing in a beautiful conservation area, located just minutes from downtown Ottawa.
Gatineau Park snowshoe trails network
- 60 kilometres of snowshoe trails
- Fourteen trails: # 60 to 67, and 70 to 75
- Four trails (# 64 to 67) shared with snowbike users (new)
- Two easy trails from the Gatineau Park Visitor Centre
- Four trails between the Relais plein air du parc de la Gatineau and P1 (Asticou)
- Longer and more challenging trails at Meech Lake, Wakefield and Philippe Lake
- Seven starting points with free parking lots: P1, P6, P13, P15, P17, P19 and Visitor Centre)
- One paid parking lot (P2 at the Relais plein air du parc de la Gatineau)
- Three starting points are now accessible via public transit: parking lot P1 and P2 via STO buses (daily) and the Visitor Centre via Transcollines (weekdays)
- Self-serve purchase of daily passes in the parking lots
- Season passes with many exclusive benefits and discounts
- Four day shelters maintained daily, each equipped with a wood-burning stove, picnic tables and outhouse
- Fire pits along some trails
- Ten ready-to-camp units and winter campsites located near snowshoe trails
Plan your snowshoe outing
- Purchase your season or daily pass
- Verify trail conditions
- View the Gatineau Park's Winter Trails map
- Keep to the appropriate trail for your specific activity
- Stay safe and follow safety instructions
Snowshoes can be rented at the Gatineau Park Visitor Centre.
- Monday to Friday, 9 am to 2:30 pm (last rental)
- Saturday and Sunday, 9 am to 3:30 pm (last rental)
Snowshoes must be returned by 3:30 pm, Monday to Friday, and by 4:30 pm, Saturday and Sunday.
|Per Hour||Per Day||Overnight*|
|Snowshoes — Adult||$7||$21||$30|
|Snowshoes — Child (12 and under)||$5||$15||$30|
* The overnight rental period is for 24 hours or less, and is available only to those staying in one of the Park’s ready-to-camp units. These rentals must be returned by 1 pm the following day.