Code of Ethics
Developed by Gatineau Park users for Gatineau Park users.
Be courteous, and respect other Park users.
- When you stop, move to the side of the trail to allow others to pass.
- The left-hand track is for passing. Keep to the right-hand track, unless you are passing another skier.
- Respect the tranquility and peace of the natural surroundings, and be considerate of other users.
Keep to the appropriate trails.
- There are different types of trails for walking, mountain biking (shared trails), cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. Please respect the other users and keep to the appropriate trail for your specific activity.
- Pets are allowed on walking trails only, and they must be leashed.
Respect and protect nature.
- Leave no trace: take away your garbage.
- Stay on marked trails.
- Leave what you find; leave areas, plants and objects as they are.
- Respect wildlife.
- Observe animals from a distance.
- Don’t feed animals.