Celebrate your First Winter in Canada's Capital Region!
March 11 and 12, from 1 pm to 4 pm at the Gatineau Park Visitor Centre
In celebration of Canada’s 150th anniversary, the NCC is organizing a winter carnival for newcomers to the Capital to discover the joys of winter.
- Learn to play ball hockey
- Snowshoe in the forest
- Slide down a snowy hill
- Sample traditional winter treats
Spend an afternoon in the great outdoors, and enjoy the beauty of Gatineau Park with other newcomers to Canada.
Free admission and bus transportation
Buses will depart from various locations:
* Details of exact pickup locations and times will be provided to each participant upon reserving.
* Parking is very limited on site. All participants are encouraged to register for bus transportation.
- St. Laurent Shopping Centre
- Tunney’s Pasture
- Notre-Dame Cathedral Basilica of Ottawa
- Les Promenades Gatineau
- Terrasses de la Chaudière
- Les Galeries de Hull
Reservations are open from February 20 to March 3.
613-944-2898 or email@example.com
Please specify your preferred date (March 11 or 12) when reserving. SPACE IS LIMITED.
Make sure you dress warmly (toque, mittens, scarf, snow pants, winter coat, and warm boots) for a winter afternoon outside. And don’t forget to pack a lunch or some snacks. There is no restaurant at the Visitor Centre. Snowshoes and other equipment will be provided free of charge.
Activity organized in partnership with the Friends of Gatineau Park, Ottawa Rec Sports and Services récréatifs Demsis.